toxic thought waste site

Theological whimsy, metaphysical larks, and other spiritually radioactive waste products.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Gratefulness: yoga

[what are you talking about dude?]

Tai chi is really relaxing. I'm no expert but I've found the few courses I've taken to be surprisingly effiecitent at putting me in a physically relaxed state. Physically relaxed, but mentally irritated to no end. The absolute torrent of BS the instructors issue forth about chi and fabricated stories about the feats of tai chi masters always threatened to undo my calm. But yoga turns out to be a better balance of physical and metaphysical. At least for classes at our local health club the "spiritual" aspects are so little emphasized that when they do get mentioned in class they really stand out. If you've never done yoga, it's an ass kickingly good exercise. And the best part for me is that I'm fairly inflexible to start with so I have a lifetime of improvement ahead of me.

I am grateful for yoga

Labels:

[digg]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home