toxic thought waste site

Theological whimsy, metaphysical larks, and other spiritually radioactive waste products.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The master summarizes his views on Biblical apologetics

http://richardcarrier.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-articles-online.html


I generally have no taste for discussing biblical contradictions, since I find the matter so boring. Even more boring than bickering over contradictions in Homer. And that's being generous...as literature, in plain aesthetic terms, Homer is quite superior to the Bible, although that's just my opinion. I also find this task largely pointless, since the only people who actually think the bible is inerrant are also insanely dedicated to denying any evidence to the contrary with any baloney hoohah they can pull out of their ass. So what's the point?


I'm not yet fed up with apologetics though I'm probably slowly reaching that point. For me it still has a strange fascination. Sort of like meeting a person who insists that they are the reincarnation of Napoleon. They speak good French, have an amazingly detailed knowledge of Napoleon's battles. After awhile there's really nothing left to do but back away slowly...

Labels:

[digg]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home