toxic thought waste site

Theological whimsy, metaphysical larks, and other spiritually radioactive waste products.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Christian Radio Watch: "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist"

Fortunately, you don't need faith to be an atheist. In fact, sir, I think it's safe to say you don't really grasp the concept. Part 1 (1h31m), Part 2(1h31m)

This guy really spent some time addressing this book...

I don't know why I love listening to Christian apologetics so much. I guess it's sort of like watching a car wreck. Except it's a human brain spinning wildly out of control.

Labels:

[digg]

2 Comments:

Blogger Eli said...

Can you tell me how to enjoy apologetics? Because I think I tend to go through the stages of grief instead - denial that anybody could be so stupid, anger that people are so stupid, trying to bargain with the stupid people to abandon their stupidity, etc. etc. I feel as though my life would be a lot happier (although maybe not as worthwhile?) if instead I could look at them with a healthy dose of schadenfreude.

Fri Jul 11, 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger evtujo said...

I've been trying to think of a snappy answer, but honestly I don't know why I find it so funny or interesting. It's acutally not totally a vinditive laughing at. I actually believe that (for the most part) these people are trying really hard to be good people and save the world. They just have a mind virus that makes them behave as a crazy people. Just as I might laugh at the behavior of a clinically crazy person (in spite of myself) in general I find that I'm strangely sympathetic to those who propound apologetics.

The one thing that I almost never find myself is angry. A little sad sometimes and often amused, but never angry.

Unfortunately I don't know how to make it seem funny to you.

Tue Jul 15, 09:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home