toxic thought waste site

Theological whimsy, metaphysical larks, and other spiritually radioactive waste products.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Viewing Recommendation: TED talks

http://www.ted.com/tedtalks/

I came across these a few months ago and try to sneak in a couple when ever I can steal a few minutes. I've never heard of the TED conference before but it sounds fascinating. I haven't regretted watching a single one of these so far. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. Talks range from computer visualization of world poverty data to Tony Robbins' mini pep rally to Al Gore being pretty hilarious to a detailed discussion of how the Seattle Library was designed. Anyway it's a banquet of geek heroes and arts and entertainment. Give a few a try. For what it's worth I've been watching from the bottom of the page up to try to follow the chronology, but I'm not sure that is necessary.

Probably my favorite so far is watching Rick Warren of the "Porpoise Driven Life" fame followed by a "rebuttal" of sorts by Daniel Dennett.

[digg]

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat's Staff said...

I found these on Google Video a whlie back...they are all about 20 mins long which is perfect for watching while I eat, or just need a brake from working.

Thu Mar 01, 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger evtujo said...

The main problem with these videos is that you'll start looking up the speakers on the internet to learn more about them and that's where the 20 min. rule kinda goes to hell. For instance I just watched the happiness video by Dan Gilbert and then I found his blog... Took up time I didn't have, but pretty interesting stuff.

Thu Mar 01, 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home