toxic thought waste site

Theological whimsy, metaphysical larks, and other spiritually radioactive waste products.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

blasphemer 1.0

It seems increasingly common for an anti-christian remark to be met with the response: "That's not fair. You wouldn't say that if I was Muslim". And they are right. It's not fair. To be fair I need to renounce / deny / criticize all religions equally. Of course there are so many and new one's being created all the time so at first it seems almost hopeless to achieve this goal of equal opportunity religion mocking.

And that's when it occurred to me I could use the power of programming.

So I present the following code to be used by anyone who feels that they want to be precise and exhaustive in their blaspheming.


#! /usr/bin/env python
#
# Blaspheme a collection of religions in a systematic
# and automatic fashion.
#
# This program is provided as is with no guarantees
# you won't spend an eternity in any of a variety of
# hells. If you make money or fame or something else
# by using this program then you owe me my fair share.
# Otherwise just enjoy....

import fantasy.delusional

def blaspheme(bs):
    print "As far as I'm concerned:"
    print " There is no evidence that %s exists" % bs.deity()
    print " Your prophet, %s, (if he even existed) was merely a human" % bs.prophet()
    print " I hereby %s" % bs.unforgivable_sin()

def main():
    # create BeliefSystem ("bs") objects
    for bs in fantasy.delusional.belief_systems():
        blaspheme(bs)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

[digg]

3 Comments:

Blogger nullifidian said...

LOL. How handy! :-) I won't comment about how more efficient it might be to write it in Ruby. ;-)

On a side note, I blogged about the idea of "you wouldn't say that about a muslim" a while back.

Thu Sep 27, 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger evtujo said...

I considered writing it in ruby, but you have to keep in mind that matz is a well known mormon (really) so who knows what back doors he's added to the ruby runtime to defeat this sort of program.

BTW, thanks for pointing me to the STFU link. That really cracked me up.

Thu Sep 27, 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger nullifidian said...

Really? I didn't know that. Saying that, my views on programming and religion tended to keep quite a distance: I don't think they've ever crossed paths before.

Mon Oct 08, 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home